This is one of the very first thing I learnt how to cook successfully wayyy back – even before I knew how to fry an egg! I don’t think this is really French though?
It’s really simple anyway!
It’s way easier to use a non-stick pan for eggs and butter. At least I know that if in any case I burn the food I can easily wash them off!
This was my breakfast today and I totally enjoyed it! I had coffee to go along with it. 😀
- Eggs x 2 (actually 1 is enough)
- Bread x 3 (2 slices is more ideal?)
- Butter – 2 thin slices off a slab
Note: I had more than enough egg mixture left over so I just kept coating the bread with layers of egg mixture to finish it up.
- Sugar – one teaspoon (optional)
- Salt – a dash
- Pepper – a dash
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl using a fork.
- Add in the seasoning and whisk the mixture so that it’s even.
- Melt the butter on low heat in a non-stick pan.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture.
- Swirl the butter around the pan so that it’s evenly spread out (well try your best to spread it out)
- Put the egg-soaked bread on the pan and flip it every few minutes.
- When both sides are slightly browned they are ready!